|Born||Carlos Labbé Jorquera|
28 January 1977
|Occupation||Writer, musician, editor|
Carlos Labbé (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈkaɾlos laˈβe]) is a Chilean fiction writer born at Santiago de Chile in 1977.
He graduated in Latin American and Spanish Literature, his dissertation was about Juan Carlos Onetti. Later he obtained a master's degree in Latin American and Spanish Literature with a dissertation on Roberto Bolaño. He has published a hypertext novel, Pentagonal: incluidos tú y yo (2001), the novels Libro de plumas (2004), Navidad y Matanza (2007), Locuela (2009), and Piezas secretas contra el mundo (2014), plus the collection of short stories Caracteres blancos (2010), as well as the pop music records Doce canciones para Eleodora (2007), Monicacofonía (2008) and Mi nuevo órgano (2011), as well as the ambient music collection Repeticiones para romper el cerco (2013). He co-wrote the screenplays for the films Malta con huevo (2007) and El nombre (2015). In the past he was a member of the bands Ex Fiesta and Tornasólidos, and is now a literary critic and editor. He is married to the Chilean author es:Mónica Ríos.
- Pentagonal, incluidos tú y yo (hypertext novel, 2001)
- Libro de plumas (2004)
- Navidad y Matanza (2007,  German translation in 2010 by Peter Tremp,  English translation in 2014 by Will Vanderhyden)
- Locuela (2009,  English translation in 2015 by Will Vanderhyden,  Turkish translation in 2017 by Saliha Nilüfer)
- Piezas secretas contra el mundo (2014)
- La parvá (2015)
- Coreografías espirituales (2017)
- Caracteres blancos (2010)
- Short the Seven Nightmares with Alebrijes (2015,  English translation by Ruy Burgos-Lovece)
- Cortas las pesadillas con alebrijes (2016)
- Doce canciones para Eleodora (2007)
- Monicacofonía (2008)
- Mi nuevo órgano (2011)
- Repeticiones para romper el cerco (2013)
- Ofri Afro (2018)
- Writers Fund, Chilean National Council for the Books and Reading, 2003.
- Pedro Sienna Award of the Chilean National Council for the Arts and Culture, Best Feature Film Screenwriting for Malta con huevo (Scrambled Beer, in the English edition), co-written with Cristóbal Valderrama, 2008.
- Granta magazine's Best Young Spanish Language Novelists, 2010.
- Pedro Sienna 2008 Award to Best Chilean.
- Granta Magazine 113: The Best of Young Spanish-Language Novelists
- Doce canciones para Eleodora, Carlos Labbé's first solo album
- Pentagonal, incluidos tú y yo, hypertext novel.
- Malta con huevo / Scrambled Beer. Feature film, screenplay co-written by Carlos Labbé.
- Carlos Labbé's Fiction Writing in Granta 113 Magazine, in English.
- English writer Toby Litt on Carlos Labbé's work.
- Collected criticism on Carlos Labbé´s work, in Spanish.
- Editorial Periférica, Carlos Labbé's publisher in Spain.
- Sangría Editora, Carlos Labbé's publisher in Chile.
- Lateinamerika Verlag, publisher of Carlos Labbé's Navidad und Matanza in German Language.
- The complete Carlos Labbé's solo music albums, in English.
- Some songs from Tornasólidos rock band, in Spanish.
- Some songs from Ex Fiesta pop band, in Spanish.
- Some songs from Carlos Labbé's solo music albums, in Spanish.
- Sobrelibros.cl, online literary magazine in Spanish, publishes Carlos Labbé's reviews on Latin American books.
- Open Letter Books, publisher of Carlos Labbé's Navidad & Matanza in English.
- Open Letter Books, publisher of Carlos Labbé's Loquela in English.
- Malta con huevo feature film, co-written screenplay by Carlos Labbé
- El nombre feature film, co-written screenplay by Carlos Labbé
|This article about a Chilean writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|