|Full name||Carlos Ariel Luna|
|Date of birth||January 17, 1982|
|Place of birth||Piquillín, Córdoba, Argentina|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 5, 2015.
Luna started his career in 2000 in the 3rd tier of Argentine football with Deportivo Español. In 2001-2002 he was part of the squad that won promotion to the Primera B Nacional where he played for one season before dropping back down a division to play for All Boys in 2003-2004 and Club Atlético Tigre in 2004-2005.
During his time at Quilmes the club endured one of their worst seasons finishing bottom of the table with only 21 points. Despite the weakness of the team Luna managed to score seven goals in the Clausura 2007 tournament, bringing him to the attention of Elche and prompting his move to Spain during the June–July 2007 transfer window. During the Clausura 2009 Luna scored 11 goals, nearly half of Tigre's 24 and helped them to qualify for the Copa Sudamericana 2009. LDU Quito signed the Argentine forward "El Chino" for $3m from Argentine side Club Atlético Tigre.
- Primera B Metropolitana: 2001–02
- CARLOS ARIEL LUNA ES EL NUEVO REFUERZO ALBO[permanent dead link]
- "En su goleada sobre Peñarol, Liga de Quito marcó el gol 12.000 de la Copa Libertadores (5-0)" [In their rout of Peñarol, Liga de Quito scored the 12,000th goal of the Copa Libertadores] (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. March 18, 2011. Retrieved March 18, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "En Casa Blanca es otra cosa" [It's another thing in La Casa Blanca] (in Spanish). futbolecuador.com. March 17, 2011. Retrieved March 18, 2011.
- (Spanish) Argentine Primera statistics