Carlos M. Cardoso
|Carlos M. Cardoso|
|Alma mater||Fairfield, B.S.
|Employer||Kennametal (NYSE: KMT)|
|Title||Chief Executive Officer|
Carlos M. Cardoso (born in Angola) is an American businessman and formerly chairman, president and chief executive officer of Kennametal, a metalworking and tool production company headquartered in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Cardoso is currently a senior advisor of Irving Place Capital.
Cardoso spent eleven years at Kennametal, the last eight of which he served as CEO. During his tenure as CEO, Cardoso more than doubled profitability and returns on invested capital while also diversifying the business mix, global reach, and end-market exposure. He was named one of America’s “Best Chief Executive Officers” by Institutional Investor in 2007 and received an Ernst & Young Regional Entrepreneur Of The Year 2009 Award. Prior to Kennametal, Cardoso held executive roles at Flowserve and Honeywell (Allied Signal).
Cardoso served on the U.S. Manufacturing Council where he advised the U.S. Secretary of Commerce on matters relating to global competitiveness, and government policies and programs of importance to U.S. manufacturers. He also served as chairman of the Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation (MAPI), and was on the board of the National Association of Manufacturers (NAM). Further, Cardoso served as co-chair of the Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett's Manufacturing Advisory Council. He currently serves on the boards of directors of Hubbell and Stanley Black & Decker.
In 2011, Cardoso received an honorary doctor of humane letters degree from Saint Vincent College. In 2013, Cardoso received an Alumni Professional Achievement Award from Fairfield University and became a member of the board of trustees. Cardoso is also a member of the Fairfield University Dolan School of Business Advisory Council.
Cardoso holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the Fairfield University Dolan School of Business where he was a member of the Fairfield Stags men's soccer team. He also holds a master’s degree in management from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- "Kennametal Celebrates its 75th Anniversary". YouTube. NYSE. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- Kennametal Names Carlos M. Cardoso Chairman of the Board[permanent dead link]
- "IPC Appoints Industrial Executive Carlos M. Cardoso as Senior Advisor". Irving Place Capital. Irving Place Capital. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- MAPI Board Member Carlos Cardoso Receives National Recognition[dead link]
- Kennametal Chairman, President and CEO Carlos Cardoso Named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2009 Award Winner in Pittsburgh Archived December 8, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "MAPI Elects New Chairman, Vice Chairman to Its Board of Trustees". mapi.net. MAPI. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "NAM Board Member Named to U.S. Manufacturing Council". nam.org. National Association of Manufacturers. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "Kennametal's Carlos Cardoso: Manufacturing Is a Shining Star Among Industries in Pennsylvania". OurRegionsBusiness. YouTube. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "Fairfield University Board of Trustees announces five new members". fairfield.edu. Fairfield University. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "Carlos Cardoso Honored by SVC with Doctoral Degree". stvincent.edu. Saint Vincent College. Retrieved July 17, 2016.
- "Carlos M. Cardoso". stvincent.edu. YouTube. Retrieved July 17, 2016.