|Born||27 January 1947(age 72)|
|Occupation||associated clinical investigator with the Institute of Clinical Physiology of Pisa, National Research Center (IFC-CNR) at the Reggio Calabria Unit, Italy|
|Research||Hypertension, Cardiovascular Complications in CKD, CKD progression, Epidemiology and Molecular Epidemiology of the risk for CV complications of CKD disease and CKD Progression.|
Carmine Zoccali is an Italian nephrologist associated clinical investigator with the Institute of Clinical Physiology of Pisa, National Research Center (IFC-CNR) at the Reggio Calabria Unit, Italy. He has contributed to research in a number of fields, most notably hypertension, cardiovascular complications of chronic kidney disease (CKD), and CKD progression. He has more than 600 publications listed in PubMed and his h-index is 81.
Zoccali is President Elect for the Triennium 2017 -2020 of the European Renal Association - European Dialysis and Transplant Association (ERA-EDTA), Editor Emeritus of Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, past-member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the ERA-EDTA, active member of the ERA-EDTA European Best Practice Committee, ERA EDTA Registry past chairman and past member of the ERA-EDTA Education Committee.
Zoccali is also an editorial board member of the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology, Hypertension, PlosOne, International Journal of Nephrology and Urology, Clinical Nephrology, the European Journal of Clinical Investigation, Nutrition Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases, Turkish Nephrology, Dialysis and transplantation Journal. and Editorial Advisor to BMC Nephrology. He served as editorial board member other major nephrology journals including Kidney International, The American Journal of Kidney Diseases, Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology and Nephron Clinical Practice. He was also member of the editorial board of the Journal of Hypertension.
Zoccali has been the recipient of the National Kidney Foundation International Award. He is a distinguished fellow of ERA-EDTA, of the American Society of Nephrology, and of the National Kidney Foundation. He is a faculty member of the Global Kidney Academy.
- "carmine zoccali - Google Scholar Citations". Scholar.google.it. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
- "Editorial_Board | Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation | Oxford Academic".
- "ERBP Advisory board members | European Renal Best Practice".
- March 2013 "Editorial Board" Journal of the American Society of Nephrology Vol. 24 n.3
- February 2013 "Editorial Board" Hypertension Vol.61 n.2
- "PLOS ONE: Accelerating the publication of peer-reviewed science".
- "Dustri Online Services".
- April 2013 "Editorial Board" European Journal of Clinical Investigation Vol. 43 n.4
- January 2014 "Editorial Board" Nutrition Metabolism and Cardiovascular Diseases Vol. 24 n.1
- May 2014 Turkish Nephrology, Dialysis and transplantation Journal Vol 23 n.2
- "BMC Nephrology".
- "Recognition and Awards International Distinguished Medal Recipients" Archived February 26, 2013, at the Wayback Machine, National Kidney Foundation 03/04/2013
- "Member Services - FASN Inductees". American Society of Nephrology. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- "Fellowship Inductees". National Kidney Foundation. Retrieved 2013-04-20.
- "GKA Faculty Members". Global Kidney Academy.