|— Bodybuilder —|
|Born||February 23, 1966|
|Weight||(In Season) 125-127 lb.
(Off-Season) 135-138 lb.
|Pro-debut||IFBB Ms. Olympia Fitness, 1995|
|Best win||IFBB Fitness Olympia Champion, 1997|
Early life and setbacks
Semple began gymnastics training at the age of 10. Her dream was to compete in Olympics gymnastics events. However, she was found to have Osgood-Schlatter disease, a childhood condition in which the bones grow faster than the muscles they support. This, along with the financial burden associated with training, ended her dream of Olympic competition. The severe injuries she suffered in an auto accident on May 23, 1983 meant she had to give up gymnastics entirely.
Career in fitness
Semple worked as a fitness instructor at a local spa during her 20s. While training there, she became aware of the Ms. National Fitness competition and started training for it. She became the first to win the Ms. Fitness USA and the Ms. Fitness World back-to-back, and to win the Ms. Fitness USA and the Ms. Fitness World in the same year. She was also the first to win the Fitness International in 1997 and the first to win the Fitness International and the Fitness Olympia in the same year.
- 1991 NFSB Ms. Fitness Colorado, 1st 
- 1991 NFSB Ms. National Fitness, 3rd 
- 1991 NFSB Ms. Fitness USA, 2nd 
- 1993 NFSB Ms. National Fitness, 1st 
- 1993 Ms. Galaxy Obstacle Course, 1st 
- 1993 NFSB Ms. Fitness USA, 2nd 
- 1995 NFSB Ms. Fitness USA, 1st 
- 1995 IFSB Ms. Fitness World, 1st 
- 1995 IFBB Fitness Olympia, 2nd