Caroline Helena Armington (1875–1939) was a Canadian born artist.
Armington worked in a number of mediums including a large body (551) of etchings. Her main practice consisted of painting and printmaking. In addition to being an artist, she also trained at Guelph General Hospital as a nurse.
Caroline Helena Wilkinson was born on September 11, 1875 in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. From 1892 to 1899 she took art studies under J. W. L. Forster. She traveled to New York in 1899, where she worked as a nurse. The following year she sailed to Europe and married Frank Armington. She moved back to Canada in 1900-01.
From 1905 to 1910, the couple returned to study in Paris at the Académie de la Grande Chaumière and Académie Julian. In 1908, Caroline's painting "Paysanne Hollandaise" was accepted at the Salon des Artistes Francais' annual exhibition, held at the Grand Palais, Paris. They assisted the American Ambulance Hospital in Paris from 1914 to 1918, with Caroline working as a nurse and Frank as an orderly. Armington's etching of Bayeux Cathedral was the May 1924 cover of Brooklyn Life magazine. According to the magazine article, collections of her etchings were in the following museums at the time: Luxembourg and Petit Palais, Paris; British Museum and South Kensington Museum, London; Bibliographic de Belgique, Brussels; Liege; New York Public Library; National Gallery, Ottawa, Canada.
Armington left Paris in 1939 and moved to New York, New York, United States. She died there on October 25, 1939.
- Braide, Janet and Nancy Parke-Taylor. Caroline and Frank Armington, Canadian Painter-Etchers in Paris (Peel, Ontario: Art Gallery of Peel, 1990). A listing of 257 etchings (out of 551 printed by the artist) drawn from the Art Gallery of Peel collection. The standard monograph and catalogue, with thorough descriptions of hundreds of prints. Note - this is not a complete catalogue as it only lists the prints in the collection of the Peel at the time of publication.
- Simpson, Stuart. Frank and Caroline Armington: Through Canadian Eyes: A View of the World c.1911-1931, exhibited at the Halifax Club, 1682 Hollis Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, September 15–30, 2006. Published in 2006, North Shore Canadian Art (Lunenburg)
- "Canadian Women Artists: Artist Database, Armington, Caroline". Canadian Women Artists History Initiative. CWAHI. Retrieved 5 March 2016.
- Braide, Janet and Nancy Parke-Taylor (1990). Caroline and Frank Armington, Canadian Painter-Etchers in Paris, p. 17
- Braide, Janet and Nancy Parke-Taylor (1990), p. 18
- Braide, Janet and Nancy Parke-Taylor (1990), p. 19
- Catalogue Illustre du Salon, Societe des Artistes Francais, Paris, 1908
- Braide, Janet and Nancy Parke-Taylor (1990), p. 41
- "Concerning This Weeks Cover Cut". Brooklyn Life. 24 May 1924.
- Braide, Janet and Nancy Parke-Taylor (1990), p. 74