|Editor||Hamilton Octávio de Souza|
|Publisher||Editora Casa Amarela|
|First issue||April 1997|
|Based in||São Paulo|
History and profile
Caros Amigos was established in April 1997 by a group of professionals, including journalists, publicists, writers and intellectuals. Sérgio de Souza, the co-founder and editor of the magazine, died on 25 March 2008. The magazine focuses on politics, social issues and culture from a left wing point of view.
Caros Amigos is published in São Paulo and distributed throughout the country by Editora Casa Amarela. The magazine features articles from a large spectrum of left-wing authors, such as José Arbex, and Frei Betto, which is now an objector of Lula.
In March 2013 eleven journalists of Caros Amigos were fired due to their protest over poor working conditions.
- Raphael Tsavkko Garcia (20 March 2013). "As Brazil's Media Struggles, Magazine Axes Striking Staff". Global Voices. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Morre Sérgio de Souza, fundador da 'Caros Amigos'". Terra. 25 March 2008. Retrieved 14 April 2008.
- "Caros Amigos Magazine". Behance. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Conjuntura da Semana: Economia brasileira. Desafios e perspectivas". Unisinos (in Portuguese). 18 August 2010. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- "Ferréz". Enciclopédia Cultural (in Portuguese). Itaú. Retrieved 8 August 2015.
- Carvalho, Eleuda de (3 October 1998). "Bordada pelo avesso". O Povo (in Portuguese). Retrieved 8 August 2015.