Carpathian Large Carnivore Project
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The projects consequences
During its term and beyond its lifetime the project caused the development of various national institutions directly or indirectly:
- In 1999 the Piatra Craiului National Park was established with assistance of the CLCP.
- In 1999 the Romanian ecotourism agency Carpathian Nature Tours (cntours) was founded. Until the end of the project in the year 2003 the ecotourism-program was arranged together with the CLCP. Afterwards it was continued by cntours under acquisition of various further project targets.
- In 2000 the first association for ecotourism in Romania "Plaiuri Zarneştene" was founded.
- In 2005 a bear sanctuary was built near Zărneşti. Currently there are about 50 bears living, which came from illegal private husbandries or had been abused as dancing bears.
- Homepage of the Carpathian Large Carnivore Project CLCP
- Carpathian Wildlife Foundation "Fundaţia Carpaţi" (Romanian)
- National Romanian forest administration "Romsilva" (Romanian)
- Romanian forest research and management institute "ICAS"
- National Park Piatra Craiului
- Carpathian Nature Tours "CNTOURS"
- Bear sanctuary near Zărneşti "milioanedeprieteni"[permanent dead link]