Carpathian Large Carnivore Project
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (December 2015)|
The projects consequences
During its term and beyond its lifetime the project caused the development of various national institutions directly or indirectly:
- In 1999 the Piatra Craiului National Park was established with assistance of the CLCP.
- In 1999 the Romanian ecotourism agency Carpathian Nature Tours (cntours) was founded. Until the end of the project in the year 2003 the ecotourism-program was arranged together with the CLCP. Afterwards it was continued by cntours under acquisition of various further project targets.
- In 2000 the first association for ecotourism in Romania "Plaiuri Zarneştene" was founded.
- In 2005 a bear sanctuary was built near Zărneşti. Currently there are about 50 bears living, which came from illegal private husbandries or had been abused as dancing bears.
- Homepage of the Carpathian Large Carnivore Project CLCP
- Carpathian Wildlife Foundation "Fundaţia Carpaţi" (Romanian)
- National Romanian forest administration "Romsilva" (Romanian)
- Romanian forest research and management institute "ICAS"
- National Park Piatra Craiului
- Carpathian Nature Tours "CNTOURS"
- Bear sanctuary near Zărneşti "milioanedeprieteni"[permanent dead link]