Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up caruncle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Caruncle (Latin: caruncula "wart") may refer to:
- an elaiosome (fleshy structure attached to the seed), especially in the plant family Euphorbiaceae
- prostomium, the sensory organ of Annelid worms
- the wattle (anatomy), cockscomb, or snood of some birds
- small fleshy outgrowths on the face or neck of birds
- sublingual caruncle, an area on the tongue
- Lacrimal caruncle, a small, red portion of the corner of the human eye that contains modified sebaceous and sweat glands (See Ciaccio's glands)
- various small fleshy excrescences (normal or abnormal outgrowths)
- urethral caruncle, a benign outgrowth of the urethra
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Caruncle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.