Katrina Noorbergen leading Cassette Kids at the Northbridge Festival, 2009
|Origin||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
Cassette Kids are a Sydney based band formed in 2007. They won the Unearthed Sydney 2008 Big Day Out competition and were nominated for a 2008 Unearthed J Award. Their song "You Take It" was a Triple J's Ausmusic Month featured track and had a video made for it which has appeared on Channel V, MTV and rage. Another song, "Acrobat", was on high rotation on Triple J. In October 2008 they released their debut mini album We Are. The band have toured nationally with The Presets, as well as British pop singer Lily Allen, The Fratellis, Ben Lee, Bluejuice, The Music and New Young Pony Club. In October 2009, Cassette Kids released the single Lying Around which appears on their debut album "Nothing On TV", released on 16 April 2010.
Previously named Casa Del Disco, the band changed their name to Cassette Kids because every member of the band was born in the 80's and could all remember the first cassette they ever got, but couldn't remember their first CD.
- Daniel Schober : Guitar
- Jacob Read-Harber : Drums
- Daniel Deitz : Bass
- Katrina Noorbergen : Vocals
- Nothing on TV - (2010)
- 'Acrobat' - (2008)
- 'You Take It' - (2008)
- 'Anywhere But Home' - (2008)
- 'Lying Around' - (2009)
- 'Spin' (2010)
- Time Out Sydney Archived 7 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine. Cassette Kids
- Triple J Unearthed Archived 19 September 2009 at the Wayback Machine. Featured Artist
- Triple J J Awards 2008
- Triple J Next Crop interview
- "The kids are alright", Rolling Stone, pp. 92–97, January 2009
- dBMagazine Archived 31 December 2008 at the Wayback Machine. Cassette Kids
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- http://www.bigotour.com/[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 29 February 2008. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-27. http://www.accessallareas.net.au/
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cassette Kids.|