Cassidy (given name)
|Meaning||"clever" or "curly-haired"|
|Region of origin||Ireland|
|Related names||Kassidi, Kassidy, Cassadee|
Cassidy is a given name derived from an Irish surname and ultimately from the Gaelic given name Caiside, meaning "clever" or "curly-haired." The name Caiside comes from the Gaelic word element cas, according to "Behindthename.com"
Cassidy was the 244th most popular name for girls born in the United States in 2009. It was most popular in 1999, when it was the 99th most popular name for American girls. It first appeared among the 1,000 most popular names for American girls in 1981. Kassidy, an alternate spelling, was ranked as the 443rd most popular name for girls in 2009.
People with the name
- Cassidy (musician), lead singer of Antigone Rising
- Cassidy (rapper), American rapper
- Cassidy O'Reilly, American wrestler
- The Star Trek: Deep Space Nine character Kasidy Yates
- The character Cassidy Chacon in W.I.T.C.H.
- The character Cassidy "Beaver" Casablancas on Veronica Mars.
- The character Cassidy Bridges in Nash Bridges
- The character Cassidy Thompson in novel series "The Secrets of Witch Falls" by Vitaly Grigorowski
- The character Cassidy Farrell in novel "A Celtic Witch" by Debora Geary
- The character of Team Rocket agent and partner of Butch in the English-language version of Pokemon animated series.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|