Category:Gasoline tankers of the United States Navy
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gasoline tankers of the United States Navy.|
United States Navy gasoline tankers came into use after the demise of the coal-carrying collier, which provided coal for ship's engines. With the advent of gasoline motors and warships with aircraft which required gasoline, the gasoline tanker was created as a class.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Alatna-class gasoline tankers (3 P)
- ► Halawa-class gasoline tankers (1 P)
- ► Klickitat-class gasoline tankers (1 C, 4 P)
- ► Mettawee-class gasoline tankers (1 C, 31 P)
- ► Patapsco-class gasoline tankers (1 C, 24 P)
- ► Rincon-class gasoline tankers (2 P)