The Luminous Mysteries were introduced by Pope John Paul II in his October 2002 Apostolic Letter, Rosarium Virginis Mariae, for Roman Catholics to commemorate while praying the Rosary on Thursdays. Previously, there were only three sets of mysteries: Joyful Mysteries, Sorrowful Mysteries, and Glorious Mysteries.
The Five Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary are:
1) The Baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist in the River Jordan
2) Jesus first miracle at the wedding in Cana
3) Jesus proclaiming the Kingdom of God (his preaching and teaching)
4) Transfiguration of Jesus on Mt. Tabor when He revealed Himself as God's Son
5) The institution of the Eucharist at the Last Supper.