From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to History of Persia.|
||Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable.
This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.
The History of Persia — 330 BCE to 1925 CE.
- This category covers the Iranian history timeline of Persia — from the Greek and Roman era; through the Medieval—Middle Ages, Early Modern period, and Industrial age; to the dawn of the 20th century.
- Alexander the Great conquered the Persian Achaemenid Empire in 330 BCE, ending the Ancient Persian Empire era.
- In 1925 the Pahlavi Dynasty came to power, and instructed all embassies to call Persia by its ancient Persian name — Iran.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Ancient Persia (10 C, 9 P)
- ► Persian culture (10 C, 36 P)
- ► Dura-Europos (6 P)
- ► Kingdom of Armenia (10 C, 4 P)
- ► Military units and formations of the Persian Empire (2 C, 1 P)
- ► Persian philosophy (4 C, 8 P)
- ► Roman–Persian Wars (4 C, 10 P)
Pages in category "Persian history"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).