|Traded as||Nasdaq Stockholm: CTM|
|Industry||iGaming and Finance|
|Headquarters||Quantum Place, Triq ix-Xatt, Ta’ Xbiex, Gzira GZR 1052|
|Erik Bergman, Emil Thidell (founders), Kathryn Moore Baker (Chairman) Claes Wenthzel (CFO)|
|€105 million (2019)|
Number of employees
Catena Media is a lead generation company based in Ta’ Xbiex, Malta. The company was founded in 2012 and employs 390 people in Malta, the United Kingdom, Serbia, Italy, Sweden, the US, Australia and Japan.
In 2008, childhood friends Erik Bergman and Emil Thidell started a web consultancy agency. For the first two years, the business operated from Thidell’s parents’ basement, but in October 2010, the pair decided to move to Malta. In 2012, they established Catena Media, with a focus on lead generation for online gambling operators.
In 2013, Catena Media began rapidly expanding, entering the Norwegian and Finnish markets in addition to Sweden where its sole focus had lain. In October 2014, the company completed its first acquisition, with the company Finix Invest, and in 2015 acquired eight more companies in the UK, Netherlands and Belgium. The number of company employees reached 50 by the end of 2015.
In April 2016 Catena acquired the website AskGamblers.com for €15 million (US$17.1 million).
First quarter of 2017 Revenues totalled EUR 15.23 million (7.46), an increase of 104 percent compared with the same quarter of the previous year.
In April 2017, Catena Media relaunched casino comparison site JohnSlots.com.
On December 21, 2017, it was announced that Catena Media has purchased Squawka, the global football news website for $1.3 million, which had been going through some financial difficulties. 
In March 2018, Catena Media appointed Nigel Frith to expand its services to financial sectors.
In August 2018, Catena Media closed exclusive affiliate partnership deal with german online casino ladyhammercasino.com to be the only affiliate partner of a brand new onlinecasino brand.
AskGamblers is one of Catena’s largest websites, which features a player complaints resolution service. Players lodge disputes with the website, which then gives the relevant operator an opportunity to respond. Through the AskGamblers Casino Complaint Service $26 million of delayed, unfairly confiscated and otherwise unpaid money has been returned to over 9,873 players in total so far.
- "Kathryn Moore Baker appointed Chairman at Catena Media". Financial.org. June 17, 2016.
- "Catena Media names new group CFO". iGaming Business. December 23, 2016.
- Template:Cite https://www.catenamedia.com/app/uploads/2019/05/Q1 2019 Presentation.pdf
- Stefan Lundell (February 4, 2016). "Hans aktier värda 295 miljoner när Catena Media noteras". Breakit.se (in Swedish).
- "AskGamblers.com acquired for EUR 15 million". Reuters. April 4, 2016.
- "Catena Media stiger på förvärv". Dagens Industri (in Swedish). October 4, 2016.
- Rostislav Danylyak (December 5, 2016). "Catena Media приобрела сайт CasinoUK.com". News in Gambling (in Russian).
- "Catena Media – interim report Q1 2017 - Catena Media".
- Harrison, Robin. "Catena Media relaunches JohnSlots casino comparison site - Gaming Intelligence". www.gamingintelligence.com. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- "Catena seals deal for Squawka". 15 December 2017.
- Administrator2. "Catena Media appoints Nigel Frith to lead financial services expansion - Gaming Intelligence". www.gamingintelligence.com. Retrieved 2018-07-04.
- "Christina Hammer - Offizielle Homepage - Partners". www.christinahammer.de.
- "Online Casino for you - ladyhammercasino.com". www.ladyhammercasino.com.
- "AskGamblers Complaint Service Report 2015". CalvinAyre.com. March 2, 2016.
|This corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|