Murino at the 2010 Giffoni Film Festival
Caterina Murino (born 15 September 1977) is an Italian actress. She began her acting career in the 1999 production of the play Richard III and later made her breakthrough with the 2004 film The Corsican File. She went on to appear in the 2006 film Casino Royale and received a European Golden Globe at the 2008 Italian Golden Globe Awards.
Life and career
Murino was born in Cagliari, Sardinia, and initially wanted to be a doctor. She finished fourth in the 1996 Miss Italy contest. Having moved to London, she fell in love with theatre and acting, saving up weekly to watch something in the West End theatre.
Returning to Italy, she studied drama at the Scuola di Cinema e Teatro run by Francesca De Sapio, between 1999 and 2000. She then appeared in stage productions of Richard III and Italian-language plays. She began her career in television in 2002, and then gained international fame after playing Solange Dimitrios in the 2006 adaptation of the James Bond novel Casino Royale.
- Nowhere (2001)
- L'Enquête Corse (2004)
- L'Amour Aux Trousses (2004)
- Eleonora d'Arborea (2005)
- Les Bronzés 3 : Amis pour la vie (2006)
- Vientos de agua (2006)
- Casino Royale (2006)
- St. Trinian's (2007)
- Il seme della discordia (2008)
- The Garden of Eden (2008)
- Alibi e sospetti (2008)
- XIII (2009)
- Die (2010)
- Zen (2011)
- Odysseus (2013)
- The Invincible Piglet (2015)
- The Squad (2015)
- Fever (2016)
- We Are Family (2016)
- Voice from the Stone (2017)
- Gary Susman (8 August 2006). "Solange, It's Been Good to Know You". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
It's already been a rapid rise to stardom for the 28-year-old Murino...
- Rodney Chester (8 December 2006). "Why I love Caterina". The Courier-Mail. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- John Preston (11 December 2006). "The Royale Ascent". London: Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 22 March 2008.
- Gordon, Jane (25 December 2010). "Caterina Murino: Meet the former Bond girl who's being hailed as the new Sophia Loren". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
- "Caterina Murino page on MDOHMSS, unofficial italian 007 site". Libero. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- Bob Sinclar feat. Raffaella Carrà "Far l'Amore" music clip on YouTube
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Caterina Murino.|