Catherine Brady is an American short story writer.
She graduated from Hollins College with an MA, and from the University of Massachusetts Amherst with an MFA. She was on the board, served as Vice-President and President of the Association of Writers & Writing Programs. She teaches at the University of San Francisco.
Her work appeared in Other Voices, Kenyon Review, The Missouri Review.
- The Mechanics of Falling. University of Nevada Press. 2009. ISBN 978-0-87417-763-3.
- Elizabeth Blackburn and the story of telomeres: deciphering the ends of DNA. MIT Press. 2007. ISBN 978-0-262-02622-2.
- Curled in the Bed of Love. University of Georgia Press. 2003. ISBN 978-0-8203-2545-3.
- The End of the Class War. CALYX Books. 1999. ISBN 978-0-934971-66-9.
- Katrina Kenison, Lorrie Moore, eds. (October 14, 2004). The Best American Short Stories 2004. Houghton Mifflin. ISBN 978-0-618-19735-4.
- "The Rumpus Interview with Catherine Brady", Rumpus, March 9th, 2009
- "The Mechanics of Falling by Catherine Brady ", Savvy Verse & Wit, April 24, 2009
- "Relieved to Learn That I Could Still Learn: An Interview With Catherine Brady", After the MFA, January 26th, 2007
- "Catherine Brady", What Are You Working On?