|Commenced operation||1952 (Cavbus formed in 2001, Cavglass in 2007)|
|Headquarters||Logan Village, Queensland|
|Service area||Scenic Rim Region|
|Service type||Bus & coach operator|
|Fleet||115 (February 2018)|
The Cavbus Group is an Australian operator of bus companies in South East Queensland.
Cavanagh's Bus Service
In March 1952, Clyde and Clare Cavanagh entered a partnership with Wilfred Ryan to purchase three buses from King's Bus Co with services in Kempsey. The Cavanaghs later bought Ryan out and in 1965 purchased a further route from King's. In 1967, Cavanagh's Bus Service commenced operating camping tours throughout Australia.
In 1991, McKay's Bus Service was purchased followed by Mercury Roadlines in 1996. In 2002, a subsidiary was established in Port Macquarie under the Portbus brand. From January 2003 until December 2007, Cavanagh's operated services from Newcastle to Taree and Port Macquarie to Wauchope under contract to CountryLink. As at July 2017, the fleet consisted of 56 vehicles.
In July 2017, the Kempsey operation was acquired by Victorian operators Dineen Group. In February 2018, the Port Macquarie operation was acquired by the McGrady family.
In 1998, Glasshouse Country Coaches, Glass House Mountains was purchased by Jim Hill. In June 2007, the business was purchased by the Cavanagh's. As at August 2017, the fleet consisted of 29 vehicles.
- History of Cavanagh's Buses Cavanagh's
- Cavanagh's, Kempsey Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- "Cavanagh, Kempsey" Australian Bus Panorama issue 6/9 June 1991 page 42
- "Cavanagh, Kempsey" Australian Bus Panorama issue 12/2 October 1996 page 57
- Cavbus Pty Ltd Australian Securities & Investments Commission
- Cavbus Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Cavglass Pty Ltd Australian Securities & Investments Commission