Centre for Research in Photonics at the University of Ottawa
The Centre for Research in Photonics (CRPuO) is a research facility at the University of Ottawa in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The center was created in 2002 to study photonics. Photonics embraces the science of light, its interaction with matter, and the technology for its generation, manipulation, transmission and detection. Within the CRPuO there are the Solar Cells and Nanostructured Lab (SUNLab) as well as the Photonic Technology Laboratory (PTLab) among others.
The CRPuO is also in the process of recruiting three more faculty to support the CERC, and is likely the strongest concentration of photonics professors in Canada. Recognising the strength of Photonics at the University of Ottawa, the University is constructing a $55M building (the Advanced Research Centre) to house all the photonics professors and their research groups. The construction is due to complete in 2014.
- Centre for Research in Photonics at the University of Ottawa Official site.
- Photonics Network Technology Laboratory (PNTL)
- Trevor J. Hall, Director of the Centre for Research in Photonics at the University of Ottawa
- Microwave Photonics Research Laboratory (MWPLab)
- Ottawa Photonics Cluster
- University of Ottawa creates Centre for Research in Photonics. February 5, 2002 Archived February 18, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Advanced Research Complex—Fostering innovation in photonics and geoscience". Retrieved 22 November 2012.