Ceux du dehors
|Ceux du dehors|
|Studio album by Univers Zero|
|Genre||Rock in Opposition, avant-rock|
|Univers Zero chronology|
Ceux du dehors (1981) is the third album by the Belgian RIO band Univers Zero. The title translates as "Those from the Outside", which strongly alludes, among other things, to the Dark Fantasy works of HP Lovecraft.
The original LP consisted of six tracks. The CD pressing adds a seventh track, "Triomphe des mouches", previously released as a one-sided single.
"La musique d'Erich Zann" is a collective group improvisation. The title alludes to the short story of the same name by H. P. Lovecraft; the players read the story in studio, then proceeded to record the piece.
- "Dense" (Daniel Denis) – 12:26
- "La corne du bois des pendus" (Denis) – 8:42
- "Bonjour chez vous" (Denis) – 3:52
- "Combat" (Andy Kirk) – 12:53
- "La musique d'Erich Zann" (Denis, Kirk, Guy Segers, Michel Berckmans, Jean Debefve, Patrick Hanappier) – 3:29
- "La tête du corbeau" (Segers) – 3:11
- "Triomphe des mouches" (Denis, Kirk) – 5:36 (only on CD)
- Daniel Denis – drums, percussion, voice, harmonium
- Michel Berckmans – bassoon, oboe, English horn
- Guy Segers – bass, clarinet, voice
- Andy Kirk – harmonium, organ, voice, piano, Yamaha CP70
- Patrick Hanappier – violin, viola
- Jean-Luc Aimé - violin, viola
- Jean Debefve – hurdy-gurdy (guest)
- Ilona Chale – voice (guest)
- Thierry Zaboïtzeff – cello (guest)