Chad Netherland in 2009 in Myrtle Beach, SC
|Known for||holding the most number of strength-based world records|
Chad Netherland is an American strongman, martial artist and businessman. His feats of strength include escaping from a set of handcuffs in 1.59 seconds, holding two planes from takeoff for a little over a minute and breaking 50 blocks of ice in 19.26 seconds.
Selected world records
Below is a list of selected Guinness World Records achieved by Chad Netherland, all of which relate to martial arts and strength.
- Longest time restraining two aircraft – 1 minute 0.6 seconds (Superior, Wisconsin, July 7, 2007)
- Fastest time to escape from a pair of handcuffs (double locked) – 1.59 seconds (Las Vegas, Nevada, January 8, 2011)
- Fastest time to bend 10 nails – 21.13 seconds (St. Louis, Missouri, July 14, 2006)
- Fastest time breaking 50 blocks of ice – 19.26 seconds
- Fastest time to rip ten packs of cards – 46 seconds
Netherland claims to have a "limitless" grip strength. On the set for the episode Unbreakable of the documentary Stan Lee's Superhumans, in which Netherland was featured, biomechanics professor John Mercer of the University of Nevada measured how strong Netherlands grip was using a hangrip dynamometer. Test results showed that Netherland's grip strength was around 20 to 30 pounds stronger than the average human.
Guinness Book of World Records the videogame ( Nintendo Wii and DS)
2012 – Vandroid the Movie-
- Gary Nunn (October 8, 2012) Is it a miracle or mind over matter? The Age. Retrieved November 17, 2012.
- "New Guinness World Record. (Fastest Handcuff Escape)". CNN iReport. August 28, 2011. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- "Chad Netherland: MAN vs Machine I". Retrieved November 14, 2012 – via Vimeo.[permanent dead link]
- "Breaking His Way to the Top". Inside Kung-Fu. Archived from the original on May 29, 2010. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- "Longest time restraining two aircraft". Guinness World Records. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- "Fastest time to escape from a pair of handcuffs (double locked)". Guinness World Records. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- "Fastest time to bend nails". Guinness World Records. Retrieved November 15, 2012.
- "Unbreakable". Stan Lee's Superhumans. Season 2. Episode 1. History.
- Palisin, Steve (October 29, 2012). "Record setter to appear on television". The Sun. Archived from the original on November 2, 2012. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- "Break Like a Pro Course Introduction". I Do Martial Arts. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- "Backstage: Chad Rips Up a Phone Book". Anderson Live. October 30, 2012. Archived from the original on November 5, 2012. Retrieved November 28, 2012.