Chandra Lee Schwartz
Chandra Lee Schwartz (born August 18, 1981) is an American theatre performer, who most recently played Glinda on the First National Tour of Wicked from Friday, 21 August 2009, through Sunday, 17 April 2011. She originally starred alongside Donna Vivino as Elphaba, who was later replaced by Jackie Burns. Schwartz recently reprised the role of Glinda in the Broadway production of Wicked beginning September 27, 2011. Her final performance was held on October 14, 2012 alongside former national tour co-star, Jackie Burns. She returned to the role of Glinda on the First National Tour, on July 29, 2014, with Emma Hunton as Elphaba. She closed the production, alongside Jennifer DiNoia as Elphaba, on March 15, 2015. Schwartz was recently cast as Annie in the upcoming world premiere of a musical adaptation of Sleepless in Seattle.
Schwartz is a graduate of the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York City.
- What's That Smell: The Music of Jacob Sterling (Atlantic Theatre Company at New World Stages Stage V)
- "Wicked's irresistible strengths outweigh its imperfections". Houston Chronicle. July 2, 2010. Retrieved September 25, 2010.
- Jackie Burns and Chandra Lee Schwartz Will Fly Into Broadway's Wicked
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-20. Retrieved 2013-04-17.
- "Schwartz to Join Wicked Tour Aug. 21" Archived August 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. on Playbill.com