Chaouki Chamoun (born January 19, 1942) is a Lebanese contemporary artist.
January 19, 1942 |
Life and career
Chaouki Chamoun was born in Sariine, Bekaa Valley, Lebanon. After attending art and design night schools, he joined the Fine Art Institute at the Lebanese University in Beirut in fall 1968, at the age of 26. He received his Diploma of Higher Studies in Painting in 1972, and went on to study art at universities in the United States. In 1975, he received his Master of Fine Arts from Syracuse University, N Y. And from 1975 to 1979 he was a full-time fellow at the PhD program at New York University, NY concentrating on Aesthetics and Studio Art.
In 2013, he published The Art and Life of Chaouki Chamoun, an artistic autobiography with more than 300 illustrations of his work, combined with anecdotes and observations about art and the creative process. The book was one of a series on Lebanese artists such as sculptor Hussein Madi and painter and printmaker Mohammad Rawas.
- Lebanese University, Beirut, Lebanon – Institute of Fine Arts
- 6 years fellowship to U.S. universities for graduate studies
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY – College of Visual and Performing Arts
- New York University, NY – School of Art and Art Education
- Chamoun, Chaouki (September 2013). Prescott, Brian, ed. The Art and Life of Chaouki Chamoun. Saqi Books. ISBN 9780863567919. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
TV Interviews selection
- Future TV 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFutddsPY7M
- Future TV 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjR3HnuQMWM
- Al Manar TV 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Eh_KvT6Dc
- Future TV 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCD3-Z4bFZo
- Future TV 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2mGq3xMnzY
- TL 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHR7yvX-VWI
- LBC TV 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oDCOI4k-eA
- OTV 2013, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFM7YJWziqo