(Redirected from Chaperon)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up chaperone or chaperon in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chaperone or Chaperon may refer to:
- Chaperone (social) or chaperon, a person who accompanies or supervises young people on social occasions
- Chaperone (clinical), a person who acts as a witness for a patient and a medical practitioner during a medical examination or procedure
- Chaperon (headgear), a form of hood or versatile hat worn in Western Europe in the Middle Ages
- Chaperone (protein), a protein that assists non-covalent folding/unfolding in molecular biology
- Co-chaperone, a protein that assists a chaperone in protein folding and other functions
- Extracellular chaperone, a chaperone found in the extracellular space
- Pharmacological chaperone, a small molecule which stabilizes the correct folding of a protein resulting in a recovery of function lost due to mutation, can be used for medical treatment
- Chaperone-mediated autophagy, a selective type of autophagy
- Bob Chaperon (born 1958), Canadian retired snooker and billiards player
- Nicolas Chaperon (died 1656), French painter, draughtsman and engraver
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chaperone.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.