|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||David Malka and Charles Malka|
|Headquarters||Culver City, California|
|Products||Shoes and Handbags|
Charles David is an American design company of luxury leather goods and shoes. The family-owned company began U.S. distribution of European shoes in 1987. Their first retail store opened on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles, CA in 1988. The company was founded in 1987 by David Malka and Charles Malka.
History and operations
In the spring of 2004, Charles David launched their lower price lines, Charles by Charles David and Exchange by Charles David.
In 2005, they had 25 retail stores across the U.S. in Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. They also sell handbags and their shoes are carried in department and specialty stores nationwide, such as Nordstrom, Dillard's, and Bloomingdale's.
Charles David shoes have been worn by celebrities such as Debra Messing, Eva Longoria, Jessica Simpson, Halle Berry, and longtime fan Emmanuelle Chriqui. Actress Natalie Portman was a fan of Charles by Charles David's Vegan collection, launched in 2011, and wore many of their shoes to premieres and appearances throughout the release of Black Swan.
Charles David by Emmanuelle Chriqui
In February 2013, the company launched its first campaign featuring a celebrity spokesmodel, actress Emmanuelle Chriqui, a longtime fan of the brand. The company also announced its future collaboration with Emmanuelle - a capsule collection debuting fall 2013. The collection, Charles David by Emmanuelle Chriqui, will feature several styles uniquely designed by the actress. The collection has already been covered by the Fox News Network, InStyle.com and Footwear News.
- Charles David - women's footwear and accessories
- Charles David "Made in Italy" - women's footwear made exclusively in Italy, consisting mostly of leather boots and booties
- Charles by Charles David - women's footwear (lower price label)
- Exchange by Charles David
- Charles David by Emmanuelle Chriqui - capsule collection designed by actress Emmanuelle Chriqui, launching fall 2013
- Young, Vicki M. (11 December 2013). "Footwear Firm Charles David of California Sold". WWD. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|