Charles Gardiner (21 February 1720 – 20 November 1769) was an Irish landowner and politician.
He was the son of Luke Gardiner and his wife Anne, daughter of Alexander Stewart and granddaughter of William Stewart, 1st Viscount Mountjoy. On 20 March 1741 he married Florinda, daughter of Robert Norman.
Gardiner inherited the estates of his mother's family, the Stewarts, following the death of his first cousin once removed William Stewart, 3rd Viscount Mountjoy and 1st Earl of Blessington, on 14 August 1769. He died later the same year and was succeeded by his eldest son Luke, for whom the Mountjoy title was revived in 1785. The Earldom of Blessington was also revived, in 1816 for Luke's son Charles.
- Lundy, Darryl. "p3882.htm". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Lundy, Darryl. "p13738.htm". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- http://www.genealogics.org/descend.php?personID=I00116198&tree=LEO[permanent dead link]
- Lundy, Darryl. "p15361". The Peerage.[unreliable source]
- Gardiner Papers, Mss. 36,501-36,626; Collection List 67, accessions no. 1118.
|Parliament of Ireland|
|Member of Parliament for Taghmon
With: William Hore 1742–1746
Walter Hore 1746–1760
Hon. James Stopford