|Birth name||William Chase Tatum|
November 3, 1973|
|Died||March 23, 2008
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Chase Tatum|
|Billed height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Billed weight||260 lb (120 kg; 19 st)|
|Trained by||WCW Power Plant|
At age 19, Tatum won the Mr. Georgia bodybuilding competition. He signed with the Atlanta-based World Championship Wrestling promotion. After beginning his career as a jobber, Tatum became a member of rapper Master P's No Limit Soldiers and feuded with The West Texas Rednecks. In 1999, he faced such wrestlers as Curt Hennig on an episode of WCW Thunder and WCW Television Champion Rick Steiner on WCW Monday Nitro. He lost both matches but wrestled Mikey Whipwreck to a draw on the August 23 episode of WCW Monday Nitro.
Tatum's wrestling career lasted less than two years and left him with severe back problems. He developed a dependence to painkillers. In 2007, Tatum appeared in the comedy film Who's Your Caddy? alongside rapper Big Boi of Outkast, for whom he also worked as a road manager and personal assistant. He also worked as a personal trainer. Tatum was found dead at his home in Atlanta, Georgia's Buckhead neighborhood after an apparent accidental drug overdose, on March 23, 2008. His father states that Tatum was planning to enter a rehab facility to help overcome his addiction.
- Finishing moves
- Tatum's Way (Overhead gutwrench backbreaker rack)
- Signature moves
- "Intelius People Search Report". Retrieved 12 June 2012.
- "Chase Tatum dead at 34". SLAM! Wrestling. 2008-03-25. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- Cawthon, Graham. "WCW Ring Results: 1999". The History of WWE. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Ex-pro wrestler dead of apparent overdose". MSNBC. 2008-03-27. Retrieved 2009-12-09.