Chau, Beyond the Lines
|Chau, Beyond the Lines|
|Directed by||Courtney Marsh|
|Produced by||Jerry Franck|
|Written by||Courtney Marsh|
|Starring||Le Minh Chau|
|Music by||Steve London|
|Edited by||Courtney Marsh|
|Distributed by||7th Art Releasing|
|August 21, 2015 (United States)|
Chau, beyond the lines (previously known as: War Within the Walls) is a 2015 American short-documentary film about a 16-year-old disabled by the effects of Agent Orange, who aspires to become an artist and clothing designer. It is directed by Courtney Marsh and produced by Jerry Franck and Marsh.
Chau, Beyond the Lines was shortlisted with nine other documentaries from 74 entries submitted to 88th Academy Awards in Documentary Short Subject category, and eventually received a nomination.
The documentary shows the lasting effects of Agent Orange, a chemical sprayed over the Vietnam jungles during the Vietnam War by the United States to deprive the Northern Vietnamese Army of their food and cover. After 20 years of war, Chau, a teenager living in a care center, is disabled by the effects of this chemical. With a rare disability in his arms and legs, Chau is repeatedly told that his dream of becoming a professional artist is impossible. Filming extended over 8 years.
- 2015: Academy Awards – Nomination – Best Documentary – Short Subject.
- 2015: Austin Film Festival – Grand Jury Award – Best Documentary Short Film
- 2015: USA Film Festival – National Jury Award – Documentary Short Film
- 2015: Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival – Grand Jury Award – Best Documentary Short Film
- 2016: Irvine International Film Festival - Grand Jury Award - Best Documentary Short Film
- "10 DOC SHORTS ON OSCAR'S 2015 SHORTLIST". Oscars.org. October 26, 2015. Retrieved October 28, 2015.
- Johnson, Zach (January 14, 2016). "Oscars 2016 Nominations: Complete List of Nominees". E! Online. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- "Chau, Beyond the Lines". 7thart. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Official website
- Chau, Beyond the Lines on IMDb
- Chau, beyond the Lines at 7thART.com
- Chau, beyond the Lines at courtneynmarsh.com
|This article about a short documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|