Sheikh Bentounès born Khaled Bentounès is the current Sufi Master of the Alawiya (officially Shadhiliyah-Darqawiya-Alawiya) Sufi Tariqat which was founded by Sheikh Ahmad al-Alawi in Algeria in 1914. He was born in Mostaganem in 1949. He was the founder of the Muslim Scouts of France. He was a central influence in the works of Éric Geoffroy. He is initiator of the International Day of Living Together in Peace on the 16th of May every year. This day was unanimously declared by all 193 member states of the United Nations on the 8th of December 2017.
An actor of Interfaith dialogue the Sheikh Bentounès founded the Muslim Scouts of France which headed the entire Fédération du Scoutisme Français until 2012. He was also a founder of the French Council of the Muslim Faith. He met with Pope John Paul II in Assisi in 1989.
- Khaled Bentounès, Bruno Solt La fraternité en héritage: histoire d'une confrérie soufie Albin Michel, 2009
- Khaled Bentounès Thérapie de l'âme Koutoubia 2009
- Khaled Bentounès, Bruno Solt, Romana Solt, Christian Delorme Le Soufisme, Coeur de l'Islam La Table ronde, 1999
- Gérard Israël, Alain Houziaux, Khaled Bentounès Le Coran, Jésus et le judaïsme Desclée de Brouwer 2004
- Felice Dassetto l'Iris et le Croissant: Bruxelles et l'Islam au défi de la co-inclusion Presses univ. de Louvain 2011
- Article du Journal Le Monde disponible à la bibliothèque de Cornell University 
- Khaled Bentounès Archived February 1, 2012, at the Wayback Machine (dead link)
- Article dans la revue réunionnaise Témoignages 
- "Biographie officielle sur l'Association Internationale Soufie Alawiya". Archived from the original on 2012-08-26. Retrieved 2012-04-15.
|This biographical article about an Algerian religious figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|