Tributary to Little Tennessee River
|Source||Confluence of Sweetwater and Tulula Creeks|
|• location||Robbinsville, North Carolina|
|• elevation||1,993 ft (607 m)|
|Little Tennessee River|
|1,106 ft (337 m)|
|Length||18.16 mi (29.23 km)|
|Basin size||215.14 square miles (557.2 km2)|
|• location||Little Tennessee River|
|• average||687.43 cu ft/s (19.466 m3/s) at mouth with Little Tennessee River|
|River system||Little Tennessee → Tennessee → Ohio → Mississippi|
|• left||Tulula Creek|
West Buffalo Creek
Gold Mine Branch
Persimmon Tree Branch
Otter Rock Branch
|• right||Sweetwater Creek|
Ground Squirrel Branch
East Buffalo Creek
Puncheon Camp Branch
It is located in Graham County in far western North Carolina, near Robbinsville, and is approximately 20 miles in length. Its headwaters are in the Appalachian Mountains where it flows northwest near Robbinsville, to the Lake Santeetlah and flows towards the Tennessee border with a terminus at the Little Tennessee between the Cheoah Dam and Lake Calderwood.
- Cheowa River
- Cheowah River
- "Cheoah River Topo Map, Graham County NC (Tapoco Area)". TopoZone. Locality, LLC. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "ArcGIS Web Application". epa.maps.arcgis.com. US EPA. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "Cheoah River Watershed Report". Waters Geoviewer. US EPA. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
- "GNIS Detail - Cheoah River". geonames.usgs.gov. US Geological Survey. Retrieved 16 October 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cheoah River.|
- "Cheoah River". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2011-01-03.