This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||June 5, 1961|
|Citizenship||American and British|
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Institutions||London School of Economics and Political Science|
|Doctoral students||Fabio Franchino|
She has published many books and articles on British trade policy in the nineteenth century, most notably From the Corn Laws to Free Trade: Interests, Ideas, and Institutions in Historical Perspective.Her articles appear in American Political Science Review, World Politics, the British Journal of Political Science, Political Analysis, PS: Political Science and Politics, and Parliamentary History.
Her current research interests include the quantification and spatial analysis of textual data in the form of (a) political deliberation, particularly in monetary policy making settings (e.g., the United States Congress, the Federal Open Market Committee); (b) speeches of leading politicians (President Bush and John Kerry), and Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President Ronald Reagan; and (c) legislative debates. By measuring the words, arguments and debates of politicians and policy makers, she aims to gauge the extent to which ideas, interests and institutions shape political behaviour.
- Deliberating American Monetary Policy: A Textual Analysis Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey, MIT Press 2013 (ISBN 9780262019576).
- Battles Over Free Trade: Anglo-American Experiences with International Trade, 1776-2006 (Co-editor), Pickering & Chatto Publishers Ltd, 2008. (ISBN 1851969357).
- Free Trade: The Repeal of the Corn Laws Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey, MIT Press 2006 (ISBN 0-262-19543-7).
- From the Corn Laws to Free Trade: Interests, Ideas, and Institutions in Historical Perspective Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey, MIT Press 2006. (ISBN 0-262-19543-7)
- International Trade and Political Institutions: Instituting Trade in the Long 19th Century Fiona McGillivray, Iain McLean, Robert Pahre and Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, MA: 2002. ( ISBN 1-84064-690-X).
- The Rise of Free Trade, in 4 volumes Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey, Routledge, 1997. (ISBN 0415140315).
- "Professor Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey (FBA)". London School of Economics and Political Science. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey". Google Scholar Citations. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "Curriculum Vitae" (PDF). Sheryl Schonhardt-Bailey. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "British Academy Fellowship reaches 1,000 as 42 new UK Fellows are welcomed". 16 Jul 2015.
- Cheryl Schonhardt-Bailey’s Website
- LSE Experts page
- Profile on LSE Government Department website
- Social Science Research Network - Abstract Database
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|