Wise Music Group
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Berners Street, London, United Kingdom|
|Robert Wise (Chairman and Managing Director)|
Chris Butler (Head of Publishing & Rights)
In March 2017 The Music Sales Group acquired disco publisher Bleu Blanc Rouge from Belgian record producer and songwriter Jean Kluger. In April 2018, Music Sales sold its physical and online print divisions, including Musicroom, to Milwaukee-based publisher Hal Leonard for $50 million. Hal Leonard will continue to distribute Wise Music's publishing catalogue worldwide.
Novello & Co
Chester Music is a British publisher of printed music specializing in classical composition and educational music of the 20th and 21st centuries.
MusicFirst is the Digital Education Division of Wise Music Group, specializing in educational music software.
- Acorn (pennywhistles)
- Amsco Publications
- Ariel Publications (classical guitar only)
- E. J. Arnold & Son, Limited (recorder books)
- Ashley Publications Inc.
- Schuberth & Co., Inc.
- Larrabee Publications
- Lewis Music Publishing Co.
- Heritage Publications, Inc.
- Kammen Music Co.
- Bosworth Music GmbH, Berlin
- Campbell Connelly, founded by Jimmy Campbell and Reg Connelly
- Carlanita Music Company LLC, founded after the death Carlos Chávez by his daughter, Ana Chávez Ortiz), G. Schirmer, selling agent
- Chester Music Limited
- Eaton Music
- Embassy Music, founded by Tommy Dorsey
- Edition Wilhelm Hansen
- Le Chant du Monde
- Nancy Music Company Inc., books of Chez "Bugs" Bower; né Maurice D. Bower; born 1922
- Node Records
- Noel Gay Music Company, founded by Noel Gay
- Novello & Co., Ltd., London
- Oak Publications, folk music and pennywhistles books
- Omnibus Press
- Passantino Manuscript Papers
- Première Music Group
- Rhinegold Education, a division acquired from Rhinegold Publishing by Music Sales Group in 2010
- G. Schirmer Inc. (subsidiary)
- Shawnee Press, acquired by Music Sales Group. in 1989; sold, with Music Sales Group., in 2009 to Hal Leonard Corporation
- Sparta Florida Music Group, founded by Hal Shaper
- Storyville Records
- UME (Unión Musical Ediciones S.L.), founded in Bilbao in 1900; acquired by Music Sales Group in 1990
- Wise Publications
- Yorktown Music Press
- "Music Sales changes name to Wise Music Group, signs Ólafur Arnalds and Evan Dando of The Lemonheads". Musicbusinessworldwide.com. 30 January 2020. Retrieved 3 September 2020.
- "The Music Sales Group is now Wise Music Group". Wisemusic.com.
- "Music Sales acquires French publisher Bleu Blanc Rouge". Music Business Worldwide. 2017-03-29. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- [dead link]
- "Music Sales acquires US publishing rights to Chubby Checker's The Twist". Musicbusinessworldwide.com. 28 June 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2020.
- "A brief history of Novello and Co Ltd". Chesternovello.com. 2011-04-19. Retrieved 2014-03-12.
- "Chester Novello". Chesternovello.com. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
|This article about a publishing company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|