From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up chiasm, chiasma, chiasmata, or chiasms in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chiasm may refer to:
- Chiasm (musical project), an electronic music project by Emileigh Rohn
- Optic chiasma, X-shaped structure produced by the crossing over of the optic nerve fibers. The prefix chiasm- means cross
- Chiasma (genetics), the point where two chromatids are intertwined (interwoven) in a cell
- A tendinous chiasm, the spot where two tendons cross. The tendon of the flexor digitorum longus muscle forms two: the crural chiasm (with the tendon of the tibialis posterior muscle) and the plantar chiasm (with the tendon of the flexor hallucis longus muscle).
- An instantiation of chiasmus
- Chiasmus, the figure of speech in which two or more clauses are related to each other through a reversal of structures in order to make a larger point; that is, the clauses display inverted parallelism
- Chiastic structure, a literary device for chiasmus applied to narrative motifs, turns of phrase, or whole passages
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chiasm.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.