|Full name||Chukwudi Odiah|
|Date of birth||December 17, 1983|
|Place of birth||Port Harcourt, Nigeria|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 16 February 2012.
Chidi Odiah (born 17 December 1983) is a retired Nigerian professional football player. Odiah has previously played for Eagle Cement, Julius Berger F.C. and Sheriff Tiraspol in the Moldovan National Division.
Chidi Odiah has represented his country at international level. He has shown himself to be a skillful, attack minded fullback with a high work-rate.
Eagle Cement and Julius Berger
He began his career with Eagle Cement in the Nigeria Premier League, before moving to Julius Berger F.C. in 2000 for which he has played 10 games. In this year Julius Berger F.C. won the Nigeria Premier League.
In late 2000 he moved to Sheriff Tiraspol. For the time spent in Tiraspol, Odiah appeared in 58 games adding five goals, becoming one of the major players in the team. Sheriff dominated Moldovan football and Chidi won many honors: Moldovan National Division – 2000–01, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2003–04; Moldovan Cup – 2000/01, 2001/02; Moldovan Super Cup – 2003 and CIS Cup – 2003. He also gained experience in the UEFA Champions League qualifying phase.
In CIS Cup, he drew the attention of scouts CSKA and in 2004, Odiah joined CSKA Moscow on a four-year contract. Chidi was given the number 15 shirt. He made his debut for CSKA in the Russian Premier League against Rostov. He quickly took up position right back. Season 2005 was the best in his career, to date, Chukwudi won: Russian Premier League – 2005, Russian Cup – 2005, 2004–05 UEFA Cup (by beating Sporting Lisbon 3–1 in the Final on Estádio José Alvalade) and participation in the 2005 UEFA Super Cup. At quarter-finals 2004–05 UEFA Cup he scored the first goal in the 4–0 win over Auxerre. Last success in CSKA: quarter-finals 2009–10 UEFA Champions League and 2010-11 Russian Cup.
International career and stats
Chidi has represented his nation at various youth levels. He played for Nigeria U-17 national team to African U-17 Championship – winner of the tournament. On the next event, Meridian Cup, he was team captain. His premier match in the senior team took place in September 2004, in a match against Zimbabwe. Chidi also twice won the bronze medal with Nigeria senior team at the African Cup of Nations – 2006, 2010.
Goals for senior national team
|11 October 2008||Abuja, Nigeria||Sierra Leone||4–1||Won||2010 FIFA World Cup qualification|
- Julius Berger
- Nigeria Premier League (1): 2000
- Sheriff Tiraspol
- Moldovan National Division (4): 2000–01, 2001–02, 2002–03, 2003–04
- Moldovan Cup (2): 2001, 2002
- Moldovan Super Cup (1): 2003
- CIS Cup (1): 2003
- UEFA Cup (1): 2005
- Russian Premier League (2): 2005, 2006
- Russian Cup (5): 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2011
- Russian Super Cup (4): 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009
- Nigeria under-17 team
- African U-17 Championship (1): 2001
- In the list of 33 best football players of the championship of Russia: position right half-backs № 1 (2005)
- In the list of 33 best football players of the championship of Russia: position right full-backs № 2 (2004)
- "Player Profile". FIFA. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Chidi Odiah denies being a taxi driver in the US". 360nobs.com. Retrieved 14 June 2013.