Chief Executive (magazine)
This article possibly contains original research. (May 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Company||Chief Executive Group, LLC|
|Based in||Stamford, CT|
Chief Executive is a business magazine published by Chief Executive Group, LLC.
Chief Executive began publication in 1976. The magazine is published six times a year and has a circulation of 42,000 copies. It is audited twice yearly by BPA Worldwide. The magazine began publishing its magazine online in 1998.
Some of the magazine's featured sections include: CEO Chronicles, Thought Leader, Chief Concern, Labour Relations, Strategy, Financial Management, Roundtable, and the CEO Confidence Index, which reflects the CEO population's perspective on the economy, employment and investment opportunities via a monthly survey.
Each May, the magazine publishes its "Best and Worst States for Business" rankings, based on survey results from its CEO readership base. CEOs grade the states on taxes and regulation, the quality of the work force and living environment, among other categories. The 2011 rankings elicited a friendly political feud between Florida Governor Rick Scott and Texas Governor Rick Perry, whose states ranked 3 and 1, respectively.
Chief Executive features a ‘CEO of the Year’ award. Past recipients include: Jack Welch, Bill Gates, Andrew Grove, Lawrence Bossidy, Herb Kelleher, Michael Dell, Fred Smith, A. G. Lafley, Bob Ulrich, Anne Mulcahy, Jim Skinner, Hugh Grant, and Alan Mulally.
- Magazine information[permanent dead link] Retrieved 28 March 2010.
- "States of Business: Wisconsin Jumps Ahead in a New CEO Survey" , The Wall Street Journal, May 16, 2011
- "Florida's Scott Takes on Texas for Top Business Ranking" , Bloomberg, May 19, 2011, Retrieved May 26, 2011
- "CEO of the Year: For Target's Bob Ulrich, It's the Triumph of the Team," Chief Executive magazine, June 2007, pp. 50-55
- "CEO of the Year: Xerox CEO Anne Mulcahy's Second Act," Chief Executive magazine, June 2008, pp. 26-31
- "Monsanto's Hugh Grant, CEO of the Year 2010" ,Chief Executive magazine, June 2010
- "Ford CEO Alan Mulally Named 2011 Chief Executive of the Year" , AutoGuide.com, June 27, 2011, Retrieved June 27, 2011
|This business magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.