Marillyn Hewson in 2014
December 27, 1953 |
Junction City, Kansas
|Education||University of Alabama|
|Occupation||Chairwoman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin|
|Predecessor||Robert J. Stevens|
Marillyn A. Hewson (born December 27, 1953) is Chairwoman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin. In 2015, Hewson was named the 20th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
Hewson was born in Junction City, Kansas. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and her Master of Arts degree in economics from the University of Alabama. She also attended the Columbia Business School and Harvard Business School executive development programs.
Hewson joined Lockheed Martin in 1983. She has held a variety of increasingly responsible executive positions with the company, including President and Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President of Lockheed Martin’s Electronic Systems business area, President of Lockheed Martin Systems Integration, Executive Vice President of Global Sustainment for Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, President and General Manager of Kelly Aviation Center, L.P., and President of Lockheed Martin Logistics Services. On November 9, 2012 she was elected to Lockheed Martin’s board of directors. She has been the CEO since January 2013. She also serves on the board of directors for Sandia National Laboratories since 2010 and DuPont since 2007. Since becoming CEO in 2013, Lockheed's market cap has doubled.
In July 2015, Hewson announced the purchase of Sikorsky Aircraft, the producers of Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters, giving Lockheed its own helicopter building capability. Hewson has also shifted more company efforts towards building military hardware.
In 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2015 she was named by Fortune magazine as one of the "50 Most Powerful Women in Business". In the September 15, 2015 issue of Fortune magazine, Hewson was ranked 4th. She was named the 21st most powerful woman in the world by Forbes in 2014. She rose one spot to the 20th most powerful woman in the world in Forbes' 2015 ranking.
Hewson was inducted into the 2017 edition of the Wash100 for international market focus and F-35 leadership.
- "Lockheed Martin Board Elects Marillyn Hewson CEO & President and Member of the Board, (Christopher Kubasik Resigns)". 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
- "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women". forbes.com. Forbes. Retrieved 11 December 2015.
- "Lockheed Martin Corporate Bio: Marillyn A. Hewson". Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "Marillyn A. Hewson". www.lockheedmartin.com. Retrieved 2017-11-15.
- "More On Marillyn Hewson, Lockheed Martin's Next CEO". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Lockheed Martin's new CEO resigns before he can start after investigation discovers an 'improper relationship' with female subordinate". Daily Mail. London.
- "Marillyn A. Hewson: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Businessweek.com. Retrieved 2015-08-11.
- Bellstrom, Kristen (September 15, 2015). "Fortune's Most Powerful Women List". Fortune.
- "Fortune Magazine's 2012 "50 Most Powerful Women in Business"". CNN. Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- SOLUTIONS, GEEKO' IT. "Wash100". Wash100. Retrieved 2017-09-14.
- Media related to Marillyn Hewson at Wikimedia Commons
Robert J. Stevens
|Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin