Marillyn Hewson in 2014
Junction City, Kansas
|Education||University of Alabama|
|Occupation||Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of Lockheed Martin|
Hewson was born in Junction City, Kansas. She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in business administration and her Master of Arts degree in economics from the University of Alabama. She also attended the Columbia Business School and Harvard Business School executive development programs.
Hewson joined Lockheed Martin in 1983. She has held a variety of increasingly responsible executive positions with the company, including President and Chief Operating Officer, and Executive Vice President of Lockheed Martin’s Electronic Systems business area. On November 9, 2012 she was elected to Lockheed Martin’s Board of Directors. She has been the CEO since January 2013. She also serves on the Board of directors for Sandia National Laboratories and DuPont.
- "Lockheed Martin Board Elects Marillyn Hewson CEO & President and Member of the Board, (Christopher Kubasik Resigns)". 2012-11-09. Retrieved 2014-04-25.
- "The World's 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes. Forbes. Retrieved 24 June 2014.
- "Lockheed Martin Corporate Bio: Marillyn A. Hewson". Retrieved 2013-03-19.
- "More On Marillyn Hewson, Lockheed Martin’s Next CEO". The Wall Street Journal.
- "Lockheed Martin's new CEO resigns before he can start after investigation discovers an 'improper relationship' with female subordinate". Daily Mail (London).
- "Fortune Magazine's 2012 "50 Most Powerful Women in Business"". CNN. Retrieved 2013-03-19.