From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chinese cash has several meanings:
- Cash (Chinese coin) (方孔錢 fāng kǒng qián), a type of copper coin used in imperial China
- Cash (unit) (厘 lí), a Chinese unit of weight equivalent to 1⁄1000 tael, and a currency equivalent to that weight in silver
- Chinese cash (currency unit) (文 wén), a historical Chinese currency unit often used on cash coins
Note: The word "cash" used in these contexts was derived from the Tamil kāsu, a South Indian monetary unit. The English word "cash," meaning "tangible currency," is an older word from Middle French caisse.
- Renminbi, the official currency of the People's Republic of China (PRC), whose principal unit is the Yuan
- Douglas Harper (2001). "Online Etymology Dictionary". Retrieved 2007-04-11.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chinese cash.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.