(Redirected from Chione (disambiguation))Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chione, or Khione (Χιόνη, from the Greek χιών chiōn, "snow") may refer to:
In Greek mythology
- Chione (daughter of Boreas), mother of Eumolpus by Poseidon
- Chione (daughter of Daedalion), mother of Philammon and Autolycus by Apollo and Hermes respectively
- Chione (daughter of Callirrhoe), who was changed into a snow cloud
- Chione (daughter of Arcturus), who was abducted by Boreas and bore him three sons
- Chione, mother of Priapus by Dionysus
- Chione, one of the Niobids
- Chione (plant), a plant genus in the family Rubiaceae
- Chione (bivalve), a mollusc genus of bivalves in the family Veneridae
- 6261 Chione(1976 WC) is a Mars-crossing asteroid discovered on November 30, 1976 by Schuster, H.-E. at La Silla.
In popular culture
- Khione, daughter of Boreas, a character in the book The Lost Hero and The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chione.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.