From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Chione (disambiguation))
Chione (from the Greek χιών chiōn, "snow"), or Khione (Χιόνη) may refer to:
In Greek mythology
- Chione (daughter of Boreas), mother of Eumolpus by Poseidon
- Chione (daughter of Daedalion), mother of Philammon and Autolycus by Apollo and Hermes respectively
- Chione (daughter of Callirrhoe), who was changed into a snow cloud
- Chione (daughter of Arcturus), who was abducted by Boreas and bore him three sons
- Chione, mother of Priapus by Dionysus
- Chione, one of the Niobids
- Chione (plant), a plant genus in the family Rubiaceae
- Chione (bivalve), a mollusc genus of bivalves in the family Veneridae
- 6261 Chione(1976 WC) is a Mars-crossing asteroid discovered on November 30, 1976 by Schuster, H.-E. at La Silla.
In popular culture
- Khione, daughter of Boreas, a character in the book The Lost Hero and The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chione.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.