Chippenham Without is a civil parish in Wiltshire, England, created as a separate entity from the parish of Chippenham by the Local Government Act 1894 and largely consisting of farmland to the west of Chippenham towards Biddestone. Of note within it are the ancient settlements of Allington and Sheldon, the latter with its manor house. The population taken at the 2011 census was 208.
A hamlet close to Chippenham, always part of Chippenham Without. Bolehyde Manor is a 17th-century manor house, historically in the parish of Kington St Michael but in Chippenham Without after boundary changes.
The site of a deserted medieval village, the principal remains of which are Sheldon Manor, which dates to the 14th century. Sheldon School, a secondary school in Chippenham, takes its name from here.
- "Chippenham Without". Wiltshire Community History. Wiltshire Council. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Parish population 2011". Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre Refs 422/1-7
- Historic England. "Fowlswick Farmhouse (1199330)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
- Historic England. "Medieval settlement of Sheldon (1018428)". National Heritage List for England. Retrieved 13 November 2015.
Media related to Chippenham Without at Wikimedia Commons
|This article about a location in Wiltshire is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|