This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||Explore Your Potential|
|Affiliation||UGC, COA, PCI, NCTE, INC, NCHMCT|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr Madhu Chitkara (Punjab), Vijay Shrivastava (H.P.)|
|Students||10000 in all programs|
|Location||HIMUDA Education Hub, Atal Nagar at Kallujhanda on Pinjore-Barotiwala National Highway (NH-21A)-174, 103, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, India|
|Colours||Red and White|
Chitkara University is a private university in India with its campus in Punjab and Himachal Pradesh, India. Chitkara University is a UGC recognized university with the right to confer degrees as per the sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. The university offers full courses in undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs in the fields of Engineering, Information Technology, Management, Hospitality, Hotel Administration Architecture, Pharmacy, Mass Communication & Journalism, Architecture, Pharmacy, and Teacher Training. The university has over 10,000 students and more than 600 tenured faculty members.
- 1 History
- 2 Affiliations
- 3 Campus
- 4 Educational Programs
- 4.1 Undergraduate Programs
- 4.2 Postgraduate Programs
- 5 International Affairs
- 6 Students Chapters and Societies on Campus
- 7 Cultural, Technical & Sports Events
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Chitkara University was founded by the Punjab State Legislature under “The Chitkara University Act” in 2010. The university comes under the establishment of Chitkara Educational Trust based in Chandigarh, founded by Dr Ashok K Chitkara and Dr Madhu Chitkara in the year 1998.
Chitkara University and its constituent institutions are recognized by University Grant Commission and other apex bodies and have all the required memberships and accredits of various national and international bodies and associations for the various programs it offers. The University has the following approvals and recognitions:
- University Grant Commission (UGC)
- Council Of Architecture (COA)
- Pharmacy Council Of India (PCI)
- National Council For Teacher Education (NCTE)
- Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- National Council For Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT)
Chitkara University - Punjab
Chitkara Educational Trust established its first campus in Punjab in the year 2002 under the name of Chitkara Institute of Engineering and Technology (CIET). The campus is spread over 50 acres located 30 kilometers from Chandigarh on the Chandigarh-Patiala National Highway (NH-64). The campus is equidistant from Mohali, Ambala, Panchkula and Patiala. Chitkara University, Punjab is a government-recognized university with the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. In 2010 Chitkara University was documented by the Punjab State Legislature under the “The Chitkara University Act”. The campus has more than 5000 full-time students and over 250 tenured faculty.
Chitkara University - Himachal
Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh was established in the year 2008 by the Himachal Pradesh State Legislature under the “Chitkara University Act”. It is a government-recognized university, is included in the list of universities maintained by the University Grants Commission, and has the right to confer degrees as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956.
Engineering & Technology
- 4-Year Civil Engineering
- 4-Year Computer Science Engineering
- 4-Year Electronics & Communication Engineering(ECE)
- 4-Year Electronics & Computer Science Engineering
- 4-Year Electrical Engineering
- 4-Year Mechanical Engineering
- 4-Year Automotive Engineering
- 3 years BCA
- 5 years (3yr study + 2yr job) - Integrated BCA-MCA
Hospitality & Hotel Management
- 3-Year B.Sc Hotel Administration
Business & Accounting
- 3-Year Bachelor of Business Administration
- 3-Year Bachelor of Commerce
- 3-Year BBA in Sales and Retail Marketing
- 3-Year B.Sc (Allied Healthcare)
- 4-Year B.Sc Nursing
- 4-Year B.Sc. Optometry
- 3-Year B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology
- 3-Year B.Sc Medical Imaging Technology
- 3-Year B.Sc Operation Theater Techniques
- 3-Year B.Sc Dialysis Therapy
- 4.5-Year B. Physiotherapy
Journalism & Mass Communication
- 3-Year BA in JMC
- 4-Year B. Pharm.
- 6-Year D. Pharm.
Planning and Architecture
- 5-Year B. Arch.
- 1-Year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed)
- 2-Year Elementary Teacher Training (EET)
- 2-Year MBA Marketing
- 2-Year MBA Finance & Banking
- 2-Year MBA Sales & Retail Marketing
- 2-Year MBA In Human Resource Management With ManpowerGroup
- 2-Year MBA In Logistics & Supply Chain Management In Collaboration with Safeducate
- 2-Year MBA Healthcare Management in collaboration with Fortis Healthcare
- 2-Year Master of Computer Applications (MCA)Lateral
Journalism & Mass Communication
- 2-Year Master in Journalism and Mass Communication
- 2-Year Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharma)
- M. Pharm (Pharmaceutics & Pharmaceutical Technology)
- M. Pharm (Pharmacology)
- M. Pharm (Clinical Research and Clinical Pharmacology)
- 2-Year M. Physiotherapy
- 2-Year M. Optometry In Collaboration With Sankara Eyecare
Chitkara University has partnership and tie-ups with education providers across the world from countries like Australia, Brazil, Canada,China, France, Germany, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, U.S.A, U.K. In U.S.A Chitkara University has tie-ups with Central Michigan University, University of Florida, Purdue University, San Diego State University,University of Massachusetts, Lowell. In U.K. Chitkara has tie-up with Glasgow Caledonian University. In Canada the university is associated with George Brown College, Concordia University, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, University of Prince Edward Island (UPEI), Vancouver Island University. In Germany Chitkara has tie-up with International Summer University of Germany and Cologne Business School. In Australia, the university has tie-ups with Deakin University, Edith Cowan University, Flinders University.
Chitkara university has also Global Partnerships with Sookmyung Women's University. The University has the following programs for student in association with the foreign universities: 1) Dual Degree Program - wherein the students have the option to do one year of study in Chitkara University & one year in the Partner University earning a PG degree and an additional PG degree in the respective course from the Partner University. 2) Articulate Twinning Programs – provides potential Foreign Universities for students interested in twinning programs (such as 2+2 BE/B.Tech/BS and 1+1 MS/Master/PG degree programs) with Member Institutions and aid in comparing curricula of the respective institutions. Chitkara University is also the member of Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education (IUCEE).
Students Chapters and Societies on Campus
- Association internationale des étudiants en sciences économiques et commerciales (AIESEC)
- Institute of Electrical Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery
- The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
- Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI)
- Society of Automotive Engineers India (SAE INDIA)
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Computer Society of India (CSI)
- Bits & Bytes
Cultural, Technical & Sports Events
Chitkara University holds a lot of cultural technical and sports event annually for students to their creative and extra curricular aspects in both of its campuses. Algorythm and Techlone takes place in Chitkara University, Himachal Campus and Explore and Praudyogikii are held every year at Chitkara University, Punjab Campus. C Champ and Gameeks are the technical events that test students' skills in coding and programming. T-20 Cup and University Sports Meet are the sports event that are organized by the University in the campus. Following is the list of events that are integral part of the University’s Campus curriculum:
- T-20 Cup
- University Sports Meet
- Quest ions
- Chitkara Mandi
- Annual Convocation
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "UGC recognized Chitkara University". University Grant Commission. Retrieved 2011-05-12.
- "University courses". Jagran Josh, Chitkara University Course.
- "In the year 2010 Chitkara University was established by the Punjab State Legislature under "The Chitkara University Act". Chitkara University - overview. Chitkara University. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Chitkara Educational Trust. "Educational Trust". Chitkara. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam visited University". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2011-11-17. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "University Grant Commission" (PDF). ugc. 2010-12-19. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "Approval status of various programs". aima. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Chitkara on itimes". itimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Chitkara University Punjab". Chitkara University, Punjab Campus. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- "Universities and Higher Education". himachal.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "Chitkara University Himachal". Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- Chitkara. "Engineering Education". Chitkara.edu.in. Retrieved 2014-21-21. Check date values in:
- "Race in Manila to Develop Fuel-Efficient Car". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-02-25. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Chitkara School of Health Sciences". Allaboutindia. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "Admission,Course and Institute Information of BJMC". Career Age. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- APN News (2010-10-20). "Chitkara Health Sciences Students Return after Exchange Programme". APN News. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "Orientation program for 2010 batch students". India Education Diary. 2013-09-13.
- smuc (2013). "International Partnership". smuc. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "International Institution partners". George Brown. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "International Cooperative Agreements". ufic. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "SDSU Asia & Oceania Partners". sdsu. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "GCU Internationalisation Strategy" (PDF). GCU. 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "International Summer University partners". ISU. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Partnership with Cologne Business School". cbs. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Chitkara tie-ups with Australian University" (PDF). austrade.gov.au. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Global Partnerships". sookmyung. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Student Exchange Partner". Binus. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Chitkara Dual Degree Courses". k2questions. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "Indo-US Collaboration for Engineering Education". iucee. 2008. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- "AIESEC international students organisation". expressindia.indianexpress.com. 2013-01-06. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- IEEE (2013). "Conference on Information Management in the Knowledge Economy". IEEE. Retrieved 2014-03-27.
- "Chitkara Student Chapter of the ACM". chitkara.acm. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "IETE Chapter inauguration in Chitkara". indiaeducationdiary. 2011-04-19. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Institutional Members of ieindia" (PDF). ieindia. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "NS Collegiate Clubs 2012-2013". saeindia. 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Mechanica Confab" (PDF). confabjournals. 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "CSI Chandigarh Chapter". csi-india. 2013-11-12. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Bits n Bytes CHITKARA UNIVERSITY.wmv". mixstep. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- Hindustan Times (2014-02-24). "Chitkara Journalism Students Contest". hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 2014-03-24.
- "TEDxChitkaraUniversity - Change the game". TED. 2012-09-15. Retrieved 2014-04-16.
- "Explore Cultural Festival". knowafest.com. 2013-09-16. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Praudyogikii 2013 Technical Fest". knowafest.com. 2013-02-06. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Green focus for Chitkara fest". Day&Night. Nov 2011. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
- "Gaming tournament at Chitkara". tribuneindia.com. 2008-04-12. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Six Questions for Chitkara". eurasiareview. 2014-02-28. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "Chitkara Mandi 2010". Financialexpress. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2014-04-03.
- "300 students awarded degrees at Chitkara convocation". indianexpress.com. 2010-01-11. Retrieved 2014-04-03.