|Education||University of New Orleans|
|Occupation||writer, political activist|
Early life and education
Valdary grew up in New Orleans, in a family that belonged to the seventh-day Sabbatarian Christian Intercontinental Church of God. In 2015, Valdary graduated magna cum laude from the University of New Orleans, earning a BA in international studies.
Valdary founded a pro-Israel student group, Allies of Israel, while a student at the University of New Orleans. According to The Times of Israel, Valdary "garnered widespread attention" with an article she wrote in Tablet in which she argued that pro-Palestine activists misappropriate the narrative of the Civil Rights Movement.
Valdary says that she became interested in Israel after viewing Freedom Writers, a 2007 film about a teacher who uses material about the Holocaust to help her inner-city students understand the racism they face in their own lives. She regards Pastor Dumisani Washington of Christians United for Israel and Brooke Goldstein of the Lawfare Project as her mentors in pro-Israel activism.
- On racism in Israel: “Israeli society, like any other society, has issues with discrimination, but in terms of systematic discrimination, like apartheid in Africa or Jim Crow, that does not exist in Israeli society.”
- On two-state solution: "Valdary opposes a two-state solution, favoring a 'Jewish one-state solution' in which all citizens in Israel and its territories can vote, but 'the culture, the personality' of Israel is Jewish."
- Fattal, Isabel (29 October 2014). "Why African-American Firebrand Chloe Valdary Wants To Ignite a Zionist Renaissance". Tablet. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "British MPs Vote to Recognize Palestine". PJ Media. 14 October 2014. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Weiss, Anthony; Moster, Miriam (9 September 2014). "Chloe Valdary: Christian, black, rising star of pro-Israel campus activism". Times of Israel. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Lipinski, Jed (May 21, 2015). "UNO to award degrees to more than 900 students at Friday commencement". The Times-Picayune. Retrieved June 3, 2018.
- "Chloé Valdary". The Daily Beast. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Non-Jewish New Orleans University Sophomore Creates "Allies for Israel"". The Algemeiner. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Marcus, Lori Levanthal (14 January 2013). "African-American student starts Pro-Israel Group in New Orleans". The Jewish Press. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- JNS (August 18, 2015). "Documentary on Campus Anti-Semitism Draws Big Crowd Near Chicago". Jewish Business News. Retrieved November 14, 2015.
- Chloé Simone Valdary, Biography, Huffington Post.
- "Meet Chloé Simone Valdary Jerusalem U's Spokesperson". Jerusalem U.