Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chontal (from Nahuatl languages: chontalli, 'foreigner') may refer to various ethnic groups in the Mesoamerican world.
Pre-Conquest Maya region
- Chontal or Putún Maya, a collective name for several groups of Maya during the Late Classic and Postclassic Eras
- Chontal Maya people, an indigenous people of Tabasco
- Chontal Maya language, spoken by the Chontal Maya people
- Chontal of Oaxaca, another name for the Tequistlatecan languages
- Chontales Department, one of fifteen departments in Nicaragua
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chontal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.