From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chontal (from Nahuatl: chontalli, 'foreigner') may refer to various ethnic groups in the Mesoamerican world.
Pre-Conquest Maya region
- Chontal or Putún Maya, a collective name for several groups of Maya during the Late Classic and Postclassic Eras
- Chontal Maya people, an indigenous people of Tabasco
- Chontal Maya language, spoken by the Chontal Maya people
- Chontal of Oaxaca, another name for the Tequistlatecan languages
- Chontales Department, one of fifteen departments in Nicaragua
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chontal.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.