Chris Barnes (actor)
Chris Barnes, circa 1976
Christopher J. Barnes
June 24, 1965
Christopher J. Barnes (born June 24, 1965) is an American former child actor. Beginning his professional film career at the age of ten, Barnes is perhaps best known for his role as the short-tempered shortstop, Tanner Boyle, in the 1976 feature film, The Bad News Bears and its sequel The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training, as well as for appearing in several After School Specials during the late 1970s and early 1980s.
- The Bad News Bears (1976) - Tanner Boyle
- The Bad News Bears in Breaking Training (1977) - Tanner Boyle
- Delvecchio (episode: "Contract for Harry") (1976) - Tommy Wilson
- NBC Special Treat (episode: Big Henry and the Polka Dot Kid) (1976) - Luke Baldwin
- Taxi (episode: "Memories of Cab 804, Part 1") (1978) - Kid
- Mom, the Wolfman and Me (1980) - Andrew
- Aloha Paradise (episode: "Catching Up") (1981) - Danny
- ABC Afterschool Special (episode: The Color of Friendship (1981) - David Bellinger
- Through the Magic Pyramid (1981) - Bobby Tuttle
- CBS Afternoon Playhouse (episode: Revenge of the Nerd) (1983) - Dalton Surewood
- Bennett F. Waxse (August 2, 1977). "Bad News Bears as Good as Ever". The Milwaukee Journal.
- Ann W. O'Neill (April 26, 1998). "A Bad News Bear Gets a Blast From the Past". The Los Angeles Times.
- Win Fanning (November 9, 1976). "Blind Dog Story Has Happy Ending". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- "'The Color of Friendship' - 'ABC Afterschool Special'". Baltimore Afro-American. November 7, 1981.
- "Story of High School 'Nerd' Being Produced". Youngstown Vindicator. February 25, 1983.
- Holmstrom, John. The Moving Picture Boy: An International Encyclopaedia from 1895 to 1995. Norwich, Michael Russell, 1996, p. 358.
|This article about a United States film actor or actress born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|