Chris McMillian is a New Orleans bartender and a co-founder of The Museum of the American Cocktail. Imbibe Magazine mentioned McMillian as one of the top 25 most influential cocktail personalities of the last century.
McMillian, a fourth generation bartender, has been the chief bartender at several New Orleans bars, including the Library Lounge at the Ritz-Carlton and Bar UnCommon. As a cocktail historian, McMillian is known for telling stories or reciting drink-themed poetry while making drinks. McMillian has been mentioned in magazines such as the New York Times and Wall Street Journal, and has been a public speaker at institutions such as the Smithsonian.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-28. Retrieved 2014-05-18.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Bartender Chris McMillian - Bar Uncommon - Find. Eat. Drink".
- "How to Make the Perfect Mint Julep - Imbibe Magazine".
- "And Now, a Sip of History: The Mint Julep, Personified". The New York Times. 2 May 2007.
- Fiegl, Amanda. "Did New Orleans Invent the Cocktail?".
- "People - Tales of the Cocktail".
- Barry, Doug (29 October 2013). "Chris McMillian Gives Eater a Cocktail History Lesson".
- "Legendary barman Chris McMillian opens Revel in Mid-City".
- Johnson, Pableaux (May 2, 2007). "And Now, a Sip of History: The Mint Julep, Personified". The New York Times. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- "At Revel, legendary barman Chris McMillian builds his own home". NOLA.com. May 12, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- Fiegl, Amanda (February 24, 2009). "Did New Orleans Invent the Cocktail?". Smithsonian. Retrieved January 28, 2017.
- Videos of McMillian making drinks
- 2011 interview
- 2009 interview with Imbibe
- an interview with McMillian on poetry and the mint julip
- 2013interview with NOLA Eaters
- Tales of the Cocktail
- founders of the Museum of the American Cocktail
- bio on Cocktail Bar
- 25 Most Influential Cocktail Personalities
|This biographical article relating to drink or drinking is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|