Chris R. Hansen
Chris R. Hansen
|Education||San Diego State University (1991), USC Marshall School of Business (1996)|
|Occupation||Hedge Fund Manager|
|Employer||Valiant Capital Management|
Christopher R. Hansen is an American hedge fund manager. In March 2008, he founded Valiant Capital Management, a San Francisco, California-based global long/short equity hedge fund that had $2.7 billion in assets in 2012.
After leaving Blue Ridge, Hansen founded Valiant Capital, where he is currently president and portfolio manager. He is supported by seven junior partners.
In January 2013, a group led by Hansen reached an agreement to buy the Sacramento Kings and relocate the team to Seattle. But on April 29, 2013, the NBA's relocation committee unanimously recommended that NBA owners reject the application to move the team, which had been submitted by the Maloof family, the owners at the time, on Hansen's behalf. The sale to Hansen was rejected by the NBA's Board of Governors in a 22-8 vote.
In August 2013, Hansen was revealed as the principal financial backer of a petition effort for a public vote on a new arena in Sacramento; a new arena is a requirement of the NBA by 2017 for long-term tenancy of the Kings in Sacramento.
- "Christopher R. Hansen - Valiant Capital - 2015 Stock Picks and Performance - Insider Monkey". insidermonkey.com.
- "Christopher R. Hanser - Valiant Capital". Insider Monkey.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2013-08-27. Retrieved 2013-05-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Report: NBA Kings owners set Friday deadline for Sacramento group". blog.seattlepi.com.
- "NBA owners' committee recommends Sacramento Kings stay put". ESPN.com.
- "Kings Stay! NBA Board Of Governors Deny Seattle's Bid To Buy, Move Team « CBS Sacramento". cbslocal.com.
- Ben Golliver. "NBA Board of Governors votes to reject Kings relocation to Seattle". SI.com. Archived from the original on 2013-06-07. Retrieved 2013-06-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-08-19. Retrieved 2013-08-20.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)