Chris was honored with both a duPont-Columbia University Silver Baton and a George Foster Peabody Award for his role in uncovering Salt Lake City's Olympic bid scandal.
Chris was fired from KTVX in December 2012 when new owners let go several on-air reporters and most of the office staff. http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55491871-78/ktvx-channel-nexstar-kucw.html.csp In 2013, Chris was hired by the ABC/FOX duopoly WSYX/WTTE in Columbus, Ohio as a senior reporter. He was named to the 2015 list of best state political reporters by the "Fix" section of the Washington Post.
He graduated from Northwestern University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Speech in 1982. He studied abroad at University of Edinburgh. He was a Western Knight Fellow at University of Southern California. His father is Sander Vanocur.
- 1998 George Foster Peabody Award
- Columbia University Dupont Silver Baton
- RTNDA Edward R. Murrow Award for Excellence in Reporting
- 1998 Investigative Reporters and Editors award
- "ABC6 News Team".
- "Chris Vanocur Bio – ABC 4.com – Salt Lake City, Utah News". ABC 4.com. Retrieved 2010-08-16.
- Alumni News. Northwestern.edu. Retrieved on 2012-12-28.
- "Western Knight Center for Specialized Journalism – Speaker Name". Wkconline.org. Retrieved 2010-08-16.