|Notable works||The Mirror Visitor quartet|
Christelle Dabos (born 1980) is a French fantasy author.
Originally from the Côte d'Azur, Christelle Dabos grew up in Cannes with a family of musicians. She joined the Silver Plume, a community of authors on the Internet. She trained as a librarian before devoting herself to writing. Since 2005, she lives and works in Belgium.
In 2013, she won the Gallimard-RTL-Télérama prize for first youth novel, for A Winter's Promise, the first volume of her Mirror Visitor quartet. The title of the series (La Passe-miroir in French) is inspired by Le Passe-muraille, a literary work by the French writer Marcel Aymé.
The Mirror Visitor quartet narrates the adventures of Ophelia, a heroine with the power to read objects, as well as to move from one place to another through mirrors. The conceit of the setting is that earth has exploded into 21 "arks," like so many planets that make up this fantasy universe. In 2017, she published the third installment of the hit saga at Gallimard Jeunesse. The series was compared by the national press to that of Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling, or His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. The first two books were awarded the Grand Prize of the Imaginary in the category francophone youth novel in 2016. Those first two novels were subsequently released in English translation by Europa Editions in 2018 and 2019. The third novel in the series was released in English in 2020. The fourth novel was published in France in November 2019.
La Passe-miroir (The Mirror Visitor quartet)
- Les fiancés de l'hiver, Gallimard Jeunesse, Collection Hors Série, 528p, 2013, (ISBN 9782070653768)
- Les disparus du Clairdelune, Gallimard Jeunesse, Collection Romans Ado, 560p, 2015, (ISBN 9782070661985)
- La mémoire de Babel, Gallimard Jeunesse, Collection Hors Série, 496p, 2017, (ISBN 9782075081894)
- La Tempête des échos, Gallimard Jeunesse, Collection Romans Ado, 576p, 2019 (ISBN 9782075093866)
- "Christelle Dabos – Babelio". www.babelio.com (in French). Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Par ici les sortilèges Rencontre avec Christelle Dabos". Libération.fr (in French). Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Christelle Dabos, lauréate du prix du premier roman jeunesse Gallimard-RTL-Télérama". Télérama.fr (in French). Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- ""La passe-miroir" de Christelle Dabos, lauréat du premier roman jeunesse". RTL.fr (in French). Archived from the original on 28 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "La Passe-miroir – Romans Ado – Grand format littérature – Livres pour enfants et éditeur de littérature jeunesse – Gallimard Jeunesse". www.gallimard-jeunesse.fr (in French). Archived from the original on 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Quatre raisons de découvrir La Passe-Miroir, une fascinante saga fantastique". madmoiZelle.com (in French). 1 June 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "" La Passe-miroir ", le succès transgénérationnel de Christelle Dabos". Le Monde.fr (in French). Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire 2016 – Alter1fo". Alter1fo (in French). 11 May 2016. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "A Winter's Promise Book One of The Mirror Visitor Quartet". Europa Editions. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "The Missing of Clairdelune". Europa Editions. Retrieved 18 June 2019.
- "The Memory of Babel". Europa Editions. Retrieved 12 March 2020.
- Dabos, Auteur Christelle. "Parutions". La Passe-miroir (in French). Retrieved 12 March 2020.