Christian Goethals 1928-2003
|Born||4 August 1928|
|Died||26 February 2003(aged 74)|
|Formula One World Championship career|
|First entry||1958 German Grand Prix|
|Last entry||1958 German Grand Prix|
Christian Roger Xavier Marie Joseph Ghislain Goethals (4 August 1928 in Heule – 26 February 2003 in Kortrijk) was a racing driver from Belgium. Goethals competed as an amateur in sports car races, driving a Porsche Spyder during the 1950s. His best results were a second place finish with his brother in the 1956 1500cc class event in Reims, and a win in the same class the following year at Forez. Goethals acquired a Cooper-Climax and entered it in the Formula Two class of the 1958 German Grand Prix, but retired from the race. He did not participate in another Formula One Grand Prix, and returned to sports cars, with notable finishes in 1960 of fifth in the Buenos Aires 1000 km and second in the GP de Spa. He retired from racing later in the season. He established a racing team called Écurie Éperon d'Or to participate in the 1958 German Grand Prix where he raced in a Cooper T43.
Biography in the Literature
- Steve SMALL, Grand Prix Who is Who, Travel Publishing, London 1999, ISBN 1-902007-46-8.
- Steve Small. The Guinness Complete Grand Prix Who's Who. p. 160. ISBN 0851127029.
- Humbert DE MARNIX DE SAINTE ALDEGONDE, État présent de la noblesse belge, Annuaire 2007, Brussel, 2007 (in French)
- Short biography in Grand Prix Insider
Complete Formula One World Championship results
|1958||Ecurie Eperon d'Or||Cooper T43||Coventry Climax||ARG||MON||NED||500||BEL||FRA||GBR||GER
- "Christian Goethals profile". GrandPrix.com. Inside F1. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- "Statistics: Christian Goethals". Grand Prix Archive. Crash Media Group. Retrieved 28 April 2012.
- Écurie Éperon d'Or
- Formula 1 history showing every racer who ever used the Cooper T43
|This biographical article related to Belgian auto racing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Formula One biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|