Christine Luchok Fallon
Christine Luchok Fallon
|16th Reporter of Decisions of the Supreme Court of the United States|
March 3, 2011 – September 25, 2020
|Preceded by||Frank D. Wagner|
Christine Anne Luchok
November 17, 1952
|Education||West Virginia University (BA)|
Catholic University of America (JD)
Christine Anne Luchok Fallon (born November 17, 1952) is an American lawyer. She served as the 16th Reporter of Decisions of the United States Supreme Court. Fallon began her service in 2011 and retired in September 2020. She is the first woman to hold the position.
Fallon earned her bachelor's degree from West Virginia University in 1974, graduating magna cum laude. She earned her J.D. from the Columbus School of Law at the Catholic University of America in 1977.
Early law career
Fallon practiced law in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Tallahassee, Florida. From 1982 to 1989, Fallon served as a legal editor at the Research Institute of America in Washington, D.C., where she supervised seven attorneys.
Deputy Reporter of Decisions
Fallon served as the Supreme Court's Deputy Reporter of Decisions from February 1989 until March 2011. She wrote syllabi and edited the opinions of the Court for release and publication in the United States Reports.
Reporter of Decisions
In March 2011, Fallon was promoted to the Supreme Court's Reporter of Decisions. She is the first woman to hold the position since its establishment in 1790. Over the course of her career, she has worked on many cases, including Bush v. Gore and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act case.[which?]
On July 7, 2020, the Supreme Court announced that Fallon would be retiring as the Reporter of Court Decisions, effective September 25, 2020, after 11 years as Reporter of Decisions and 31 total years working at the Court. Her successor has not yet been announced.
Fallon has been active in the Association of Reporters of Judicial Decisions, having served as president, vice president, and secretary.
- Christine Anne Luchok Fallon
- Hubbell, Martindale (March 2001). Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, U.S. Government Lawyers, Law Schools (Volume 4 - 2001). Martindale-Hubbell. ISBN 9781561604395.
- United States Public Records, 1970-2009 (Florida, 1999)
- "U.S. Supreme Court Press Release". March 7, 2011. Retrieved August 31, 2011.
- "Working Behind the Scenes". US Embassy. US Embassy. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Press Releases - pr_07-07-20b - Supreme Court of the United States". www.supremecourt.gov. Retrieved 2020-07-09.
- Nina Totenberg, First Women To Hold Top Staff Jobs At Supreme Court Are Retiring (July 14, 2020).
Frank D. Wagner
| United States Supreme Court Reporter of Decisions